Public Service Announcement - Landfill Winter Hours Begin November 1
Landfill Winter Hours Begin November 1
MOOSE JAW - The city of Moose Jaw reminds residents that the Landfill winter hours will begin on November 1.
Landfill Winter Hours – November 1 to March 31
Monday to Saturday 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Sunday 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
The Landfill is closed Christmas and New Year’s Day.
Important Things to Remember When Using the Landfill
- City Bylaw #5156, Section 23, requires that all loads must be tarped and secured. The City of Moose Jaw Police Service, as well as the Landfill Personnel, can issue violations for vehicles found to be traveling with unsecured loads.
- All vehicles MUST STOP and report to the weigh scale house attendant before entering and leaving the disposal area. Proof of residency is required.
- Follow the directions to the proper dumping area at the landfill site.
- Dumping of solid wastes anywhere else in or around the City is illegal with fines up to $100.00 for individuals and $5,000.00 for corporations.
- For reasons of safety, please keep children in vehicles while on the Sanitary Landfill Site.
- To prevent fires – we thank you for NOT smoking at the Sanitary Landfill Site.
- Hazardous Waste is not accepted at the City Landfill. Each fall, the City holds a Household Hazardous Waste Collection Day. This program provides for proper environmentally safe disposal of hazardous wastes. Dumping in back lanes, down storm sewers, or in the normal garbage system is not safe for all chemicals.
- There is an EcoCenter on site to dispose of automotive oil, filters and containers as well as antifreeze at no charge.City Bylaw #5156, Section 23, requires that all loads must be tarped and secured. The City of Moose Jaw Police Service, as well as the Landfill Personnel, can issue violations for vehicles found to be traveling with unsecured loads.
If information or assistance is required on proper packaging and disposal of special wastes (i.e. asbestos, hydrocarbon products, chemicals, hazardous and infectious materials etc.), call the city Engineering Department at 694-4448 or City Landfill Scale house at 692-9383.
P: 306-694-4406 C: 306-513-8980