News Release - New Central Bulk Recycling Bin Location
New Central Bulk Recycling Bin Location
MOOSE JAW - As of Monday, April 25, all bulk recycling bins will be relocated to the lot on the west side of the City’s Public Works Complex – 1010 High Street.
Two bins have been at the High Street location since last fall and more are being added for the convenience of residents. This central location replaces the bins located behind the Pla-Mor Palace at 855 Lillooet Street West.
Acceptable recyclable materials include:
- Flattened corrugated cardboard and paperboard (eg: empty cereal boxes, empty detergent boxes, empty tissue boxes)
- Newspapers, flyers, inserts, junk mail, and envelopes
- Magazines, catalogues, telephone books, paperback books
- Brown paper bags, tissue roll cores, gift and packing paper, paper, egg cartons
- Copier paper, NCR (no carbon required) paper
- Paper and cardboard
- Aluminum and tin
- Soft drink and beer cans
- Foil trays and pie plates
- Household tin cans (please rinse)
- Containers with logo 1-7
- Aseptic packaging & cartons
- Plastic bags, plastic drink bottles and plastic wrap
- Juice and milk cartons, milk jugs, tetra-pak containers and pouches (please rinse)
As with all of the City’s recycling sites, we ask residents not to deposit or leave garbage at this recycling site, as it is unsightly and adds to City maintenance costs.
More details can be found on our website at: http://www.moosejaw.ca/engineering/public-works/recycling/moose-jaw-recycles
Carol Reynolds-Wittman, Communications Manager
P: (306) 694-4406
C: (306) 513-8980