News Release – Curbside Recycling
MOOSE JAW – The City of Moose Jaw’s curbside recycling program will be rolling out in the next few weeks. Loraas will be operating the program on behalf of the City of Moose Jaw.
Recycling carts will be delivered starting the week of September 21st and during the weeks following. The first curbside recycling pickup will occur the week of October 5th.
Delivery of the carts will include a brochure with information explaining the program, what can and cannot be included in the cart, and a calendar indicating pickup dates for each property. In the interim, residents are encouraged to use the large multi-material recycling bins located at 1050 High Street West; adjacent to the City Complex. This is in addition to the bins located behind the Pla-Mor Palace on Lillooet Street West.
Over the next few weeks, look for information on the City’s website, City social media and advertising in local media about the program.
- Recycling will be picked up every other week starting with the week of October 5.
- Recycling will be picked up the next business day after waste pickup (those whose waste pickup is on Friday will have recycling picked up on Monday).
- Recycling will be picked up at the same location as household waste, whether it be in the back lane or curbside.
- Items that can be included in carts include:
- all plastics with a recycling label numbered 1 through 7;
- tin, aluminum cans, glass jars and glass bottles;
- cardboard, boxboard, office paper, newsprint, junk mail, magazines and catalogues;
- plastic bags.
- Items that cannot be included in the recycling cart:
- styrofoam, ceramics, light bulbs, soiled cardboard, hazardous chemical containers, scrap metal, car parts, plastic toys, household garbage, clothing.
City of Moose Jaw
PHONE # (306) 694-4454