Public Service Announcement - Precautionary Drinking Water Advisory Continues for City’s Southeast
Precautionary Drinking Water Advisory Continues for City’s Southeast
MOOSE JAW - The Precautionary Drinking Water Advisory originally issued on July 27, 2016 remains in effect for the southeast area of the City of Moose Jaw. Areas affected can be found on this interactive map: http://citymj.maps.arcgis.com/apps/View/index.html?appid=d521b084cfda49468a77585e3d1d17a3
- This is simply a precautionary measure due to low chlorine levels. There is no confirmed contamination.
- The water is fine to use for hygienic purposes (showering, etc.) but should be boiled for consumptive purposes (cooking, drinking, oral hygiene).
- The City and the Water Security Agency have issued this advisory to ensure the safety of residents’ drinking water.
- Trenching work has begun on Home Street and line repairs are anticipated to begin next week.
- As work progresses, the City continues to verify engineering drawings of the area on file from the 1980s.
- This advisory is expected to remain in effect for another two weeks.
- Affected residents will be advised directly when the advisory is over.
The City of Moose Jaw appreciates your patience and cooperation to ensure residents’ drinking water remains safe and secure.
The original PSA issued for this advisory can be found at: http://www.moosejaw.ca/announcements/precautionary_drinking_water_advisory_issued_for_citys_southeast