The City of Moose Jaw Paratransit Service is an accessible door to accessible door shared ride public transportation system for Moose Jaw residents and visitors who cannot use regular transit due to a disability.
An application must be completed/approved and is available by calling the Transit Office at (306) 694-4488 or here
Although the fares are identical, regular bus tickets/monthly passes are not valid for Paratransit service – please request the “Paratransit” pass/tickets when purchasing (Senior Annual Passes are valid)
Unless you have made previous arrangements with the office please have exact fare ready.
One (1) attendant may travel with you – the regular ride charges will apply as above.
For safety reasons, youths and children under the age of 12 must be accompanied by an adult.
Any resident of the City of Moose Jaw who is unable to use the regular transit system because of a physical or mental challenge may register for the special needs service. Registration for visitors to the City of Moose Jaw is also available.
Monday to Friday – 7:30 a.m. – 7:30 p.m. (First pick-up time is 7:45 am; last pick-up time is 7:00 pm)
Saturday – 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. (First pick-up time is 10:15 am; last pick-up time is 5:30 pm)
The Paratransit Service does not operate regular service on Sundays or Statutory Holidays.
Service can be provided in one of two ways – subscription and demand:
Subscription: If you travel to and from work, school or any other point in the City on a regular basis you are eligible for subscription service. Once you have made the initial arrangements the Paratransit van will be there on a regular basis. Minor time changes may be required from time to time and we appreciate your cooperation to assist us in accommodating additional riders.
Due to the limited service availability, Subscription Service may not be available on Saturday.
Demand: If you wish to make casual trips you may call the office and request the time you require. We ask that you give as much notice as possible for casual trip requests as we book up quickly and cannot guarantee availability for your desired trip.
To Book a Ride
Call the City of Moose Jaw Transit Office at (306) 694-4488 to book a trip. The following information is required:
- Your name.
- Your street address.
- The street address of your destination.
- The time you wish to be picked up and the return time.
If you wish to cancel a booking please call the Transit Office at (306) 694-4488 a minimum of 24 hours in advance of the appointment time. If the Paratransit van is dispatched you will be charged.
- Service is from accessible door to accessible door ONLY. Drivers will assist you to and from the Paratransit van and the door.
- Please be ready at ground level 5 minutes before your pick-up time. Drivers will wait up to 3 minutes past the scheduled pick-up time.
- The Paratransit service is neither a moving service nor a delivery service. Please limit your carry-on packages to what you can manage comfortably.
- All passengers must wear seatbelts and wheelchairs must be equipped with seatbelts.
- Smoking is not allowed on Paratransit vans.
- House numbers and stairwells should be well lit.
- Steps and walkways must not be slippery due to a painted surface, ice, snow or rain.
- Cancellations should be made as far in advance as possible (minimum 24 hours).
PLEASE REMEMBER that the Paratransit Service is not a taxi service, but a “shared-ride” public transit system. As such please be prepared to be flexible when requesting the service. We will do our utmost to accommodate your request.
Ride-sharing helps us serve more people!
Applicants are encouraged to utilize Moose Jaw Transit’s accessible low-floor buses whenever possible.
Please send the completed application form to:
Moose Jaw Paratransit Service
C/O Moose Jaw Transit Department
228 Main Street North
Moose Jaw, SK S6H 3J8
Forms may be faxed to (306) 694-4022