What is a Heavy Vehicle?
A vehicle or motor vehicle with or without a load which alone or together with any trailer, semi-trailer or other vehicle being towed weighs 9,000 kilograms or more.
What are Dangerous Goods?
Dangerous Goods are any product, substance or organism that falls within any of the following classes:
- explosives, including those defined by the Explosives Act.
- gases: compressed, liquified or dissolved under pressure.
- flammable and combustible liquids
- flammable solids: substances liable to spontaneous combustion; substances that on contact with water emit flammable gases.
- oxidizing substances: organic peroxides.
- poisonous (toxic) and infectious substances.
- radioactive materials and prescribed substances within the meaning of the Atomic Energy Control Act.
- miscellaneous dangerous substances or organisms not listed above.