Moose Jaw Recycles
How does it all work?
The City of Moose Jaw’s curbside recycling program begins on Monday, Oct. 5, 2015. Pickup will occur every other week, the day after garbage pickup.
You should have received a recycling calendar with your cart. If you did not, please contact us at 306-694-4448.
Recycling pickup will occur in the same location as garbage pickup, whether that be curbside or in a back lane.
Recycling carts should be put out by 7 a.m. on the morning of pickup and removed from the pickup location on the same day. For pickup, lid arrows should be pointed toward the street or lane, and the lid should be closed. There should be three feet (1 metre) of space around the cart in all directions
What goes in the bin?
Paper and Cardboard
Flattened corrugated cardboard and paperboard such as empty cereal boxes, empty detergent boxes, empty tissue boxes
Newspapers, flyers, inserts, junk mail, and envelopes
Magazines, catalogues, telephone books, paperback books
Brown paper bags, tissue roll cores, gift and packing paper, paper, egg cartons
Copier paper, NCR (no carbon required) paper
Aluminum and Tin
Soft drink and beer cans
Foil trays and pie plates
Household tin cans (please rinse)
Containers with logo 1-7
Plastic bags, plastic drink bottles and plastic wrap
Aseptic Packaging & Cartons
Juice and milk cartons, milk jugs, tetra-pak containers and pouches (please rinse)
Clean bottles and jars
What doesn’t go in the bin?
Household garbage, organics, or hazardous waste
Waxed, plasticized or food contaminated paper, cardboard cups, or plastic plates
Soiled tissues, napkins or paper towels
Styrofoam or other foam packing materials
Dos and Donts of curbside recycling
- DO flatten all cardboard
- DON’T place garbage in your cart
- DO close the lid when putting the cart out for pickup
- DON’T pack material in the bin too lightly
- DO record the serial number on your cart, as it belongs to your property
- DON’T remove the cart from the assigned address
- DO return the emptied cart to your property before the end of the day
- DON’T bag or tie your recyclables before placing them in the cart
- DO flatten all cardboard boxes and rinse all food/beverage containers
- DO recognize that including materials not intended to be included may result in your cart not being picked up
Have further questions?
Call the City of Moose Jaw at (306) 694-4448