The City’s Customer Service area is on the main floor of City Hall. Customer Service provides friendly and efficient cashier, information, and telephone inquiry services to the general public.
Hours of Operation
The Customer Service section is open to the public Monday to Friday from 8:15 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. You can contact Customer Service any time during business hours at 306-694-4410.
- Cashiers will provide account balance information and accept payments for Utilities accounts (water & sewage), Property Tax accounts, annual License fees, and miscellaneous items such as parking lot fees, ice rentals, swimming fees, etc…
- Cashiers can also accept payment for parking tickets – but only before the due date. After the due date parking tickets must be paid at the Police Department, which is in the next building. **Please remember that the cashier did not issue your parking ticket and is powerless to do anything about it once it is issued. If you have questions or concerns about your parking ticket please go to the Police Department.**
Customer Service Reception/Switchboard can provide the following services to you:
- General inquiries about City Services.
- Applications and inquiries related to new utility service, or changes to existing utility services. In most cases, changes to your utilities services can be accomplished with one phone call.
- Receive changes to your tax information, such as change of mailing address, change of name, school support changes, and new ownership information.
- Will handle your routine questions related to property tax or utility billings. If you have specific or more complex issues related to these, they will direct you to the appropriate person to help you.
- Will handle your routine questions related to City Licensing Bylaws. If you have specific or complex licensing issues, they will direct you to the appropriate person to help you.
- Take your application for the TIPPS program (Tax Installment Payment Plan Service).
- Take your application for the WIPPS program(Water Installment Payment Plan Service).
- Cashiers at City Hall – Monday to Friday from 8:15 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Payments to the cashiers can be made by cash, cheque or debit card.
- Payment Drop Box, located north of the main entrance to City Hall. Please do not leave cash in the drop box!
- Autodebit payment for utility bills (regular monthly payments directly from your bank account)
- Able to pay Utility and Property Tax bills at any financial institution
- Able to make payment using the internet banking services provided by your financial institution
- TIPPS program as an alternative for paying property taxes.
- WIPPS program as an alternative for paying utility account.