The Mayor has the following duties:
- to represent the public and to consider the well-being and interests of the City;
- to participate in developing and evaluating the policies, services and programs of the City;
- to participate in Council meetings and Council Committee meetings and meetings of other bodies to which he is appointed by the Council;
- to ensure that administrative practices and procedures are in place to implement the decisions of Council;
- to keep in confidence matters discussed in private at Council or Council Committee meetings until discussed at a meeting held in public;
- to maintain the financial integrity of the City;
- to perform any other duty or function imposed on a Mayor by The Cities Act or any other Act or by bylaw.