Canadian Tire Jumpstart
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Jumpstart?
- Canadian Tire Jumpstart is a national charitable program launched by the family of Canadian Tire companies in 2005.
- The program helps financially disadvantaged children and youth participate in organized sport and recreation by helping cover registration, equipment and/or transportation costs.
- For some kids, the program gives them the chance to experience a sport for the very first time and for others, it is the boost they need to continue with an activity they love.
- The City of Moose Jaw’s Parks and Recreation Department administers the Moose Jaw Jumpstart Chapter on behalf of the Canadian Tire Jumpstart Program.
Who can apply?
- The Parent or Guardian of youth who are in need of funding for organized Sport activities in the Moose Jaw community.
- The Canadian Tire Jumpstart Sponsorship Program is aimed at youth ages 4-18. This program helps kids become involved in a social setting, learn new life skills, and helps out the families who can’t afford to have their children in various extracurricular activities.
- Children can be funded up to a maximum of$300 per activity ($600 per child) in a calendar year; subject to Chapter discretion and/or local demands. Only one sport/activity may be applied for in each intake.
How to apply?
Fill out the application form completely and submit the application to the Parks and Rec Dept.
Applications can be dropped off, mailed, faxed or emailed to;
City of Moose Jaw
Parks & Recreation Department
228 Main St. N., 4th Floor
Moose Jaw, SK S6H 3J8
Fax: (306) 692-7151
The application must be readable and completely filled out to be eligible for funding.
Jumpstart has quarterly submission deadlines each year:
January 15th,March 31st, June 30th and September 30th each year
Who can receive the funding and what to expect?
Cheques will only be issued to local Moose Jaw Sport Organizations, not to individuals. Once funding has been approved, the City will notify the organization that their participant(s) will be receiving funding, and then Jumpstart will issue the organization a cheque from their head office. All cheques should be received by the organizations approx. 4 weeks following the submission deadline.
Be sure to notify the Organization that you have applied for your child to receive Jumpstart funding and give them the heads up as to the time frame for when they would be notified if your child was allocated funding.
Minor Hockey participants!!
The Jumpstart Big Play provides funding of up to $500/per child to participate in minor hockey, subject to Jumpstart’s other funding maximums and/or local demands. Applications will be approved on a first come, first served basis.
Apply for Big Play funding herehttps://jumpstart.smartsimple.ca/files/407846/f109368/terms_condition_bp_en.html
Once you complete the process, you will be notified by email if your application has been approved. Until you receive an email indicating that the funding has been approved, please consider the submission as a request for funding only.
Before applying for Jumpstart Funding please ensure the registered minor hockey association is prepared to hold a place for your child or children pending funding. Jumpstart will provide the funding directly to the Hockey Association. We cannot reimburse a parent or guardian that paid for a place on the team before the application was approved.