Outdoor Rinks/Skating Pads
Check out your neighbourhood outdoor rinks this winter!
Parks & Recreation strives to try to get the outdoor rinks ready for the Christmas season (mid to end of December) – Weather Permitting. The lights will automatically come on 5:00pm – 10:00pm daily once the rink is deemed ready for use.
There are a total of 15 outdoor rinks and skating pads maintained by the Parks and Recreation Department.
Supervised Outdoor Rinks & Pads with heated Shacks:
Weather permitting, the following rinks are supervised beginning of January until end of February annually:
Monday – Thursday 6:30pm – 9:00pm; Saturday & Sunday 1:00pm – 4:00pm (weather permitting)
- Elgin Park Skating Pad: 8th Ave. N.W. & Hall St. W.
- West End Rink: 10th Ave. N.W. & Athabasca St. W.
- Moose Square Rink: 600 Stadacona St. W.
- Sunningdale Rink: Daffodil Dr.
- Smith Park Rink: 13th Ave S.W. & Hastings St.
- Kinfield Rink: 100 Block Grandview St. W.
- East End Rink: 9th Ave. N.E. & Ominica St. E.
- Ross Wells Rink: Ross Cres. & Oxford St. E.
Unsupervised Outdoor Rinks & Pads:
- Regal Heights Rink: 1400 Block 13th Ave. N.W.
- Hillcrest Rink: 1200 Block Willow Ave.
- Henleaze Skating Pad: 1100 Block Henleaze Ave.
- Oxford & 4th Skating Pad: 400 Oxford St. W.
- Veterans Peace Park Rink: 1604 Admiral Cres.
- Westheath Rink: Wellington & Spadina St. W.
- Wood Lily Drive Rink: 446 Wood Lily Dr.
Kiwanis River Park Skating Oval
Located at 305 River Drive (Wakamow)
The public is welcome to skate on the Oval anytime during the operating season (mid-December to February).
The heated shelter at the Oval is open to the public during the following times:
Wednesday-Sunday 9am – 9pm
(all times are weather permitting)
When the Kiwanis Speed Skating Club is using the ice, the Parks and Recreation Department requests that the public skate on the inside lanes so that the club can practice on the outside lanes.
To book the Kiwanis River Park Pavilion located at the skating Oval, please contact Wakamow directly at (306) 692-2717