The Parks and Recreation Department operates and maintains over twenty playgrounds and play spaces. These facilities provide a positive and safe play environment for the community. During the summer months, trained playground directors are hired to supervise and co-ordinate playground activities, including water games, sporting events, and arts & crafts. Playgrounds that have a paddling pool or spray park are marked with an asterisk (*).
- 1996 Summer Games Playground – 16th Ave SW (*)
- 4th & Oxford: 400 Block Oxford St. W.
- 15th Avenue N.W. & Athabasca St. W.
- Crescent Park: Crescent Park (*)
- East End Playground: 9th Ave. N.E. & Ominica St. E. (*)
- Elgin Park: 1054 – 8th Ave. N.W. (*)
- Henleaze Park: 1100 Block Henleaze Ave.
- Hillcrest Park: 1200 Block Willow Ave.
- Hopkins Crescent: 1060 Hopkins Crescent
- Keith Crescent: Keith Crescent
- Kinfield: 100 Block Grandview St. W.
- Kiwaniland: 3 Dogwood Road
- Knights of Columbus: 1100 Block Clifton Ave.
- Moose Square: 600 Block Ominica St. W.
- Optimist Park: 5th Ave SW & Lillooet St. W. (*)
- Parkhill Park: 10th Ave S.W. & Duffield St. W.(*)
- Peter Pan Park: 265 Coteau St. W.
- Regal Heights: 1400 Block 13th Ave. N.W.
- Ross Wells: Ross Crescent
- Smith Park: 1200 Block Hastings. St.
- Spring Creek: Thatcher Dr. & Simcoe Cres.
- Sunningdale Park: Daffodil Drive (off of Dogwood Road)
- Valleyview Playground: Valleyview Dr.
- Veterans Peace Park: 1604 Admiral Crescent
- West End: 10th Ave. N.W. & Athabasca St. W.
- Westheath: Wellington Dr. & Spadina Dr.