Daily Snow Management Plan
On March 11, 2013 City Council adopted a resolution in which the City establishes a snow parking ban on Priority 1 streets which restricts parking to one side of the street on an alternating basis (the ban will alternate between north side/south side and east side/west side). The purpose of establishing snow routes is to ensure the streets are clear of parked vehicles to allow for quick and efficient snow management activities.
When snowfall accumulation meets or exceeds 5 – 10 cm, a snow route parking ban may be declared by the City. The snow route parking ban will be announced through public service announcements via local media including radio, the City of Moose Jaw public website, Facebook and Twitter. The announcements will take place the day prior to the commencement of snow operations. Once declared, snow route parking bans will be in effect for up to 72 hours, during which the continuation or cessation of the ban will be announced via local media.
Once a snow route parking ban has been declared, the ban will alternate between the north/south sides of the street and east/west sides of the street every 24 hours. For example, if Saskatchewan St. W. is being plowed, City crews will service the north half of the street on the first day, and the south half of the street the following day. Similarly for streets such as 1st Ave. N.E., City crews will service the east half of the street on the first day, and the west side of the street the following day. Vehicles that remain parked on these streets during the ban will be towed.
The following are the streets which have been established as ‘Snow Routes’:
- Thatcher Dr. E. from Main St. to Trans-Canada Highway
- Thatcher Dr. W. from Main St. to High St. W.
- Main St. N. from Manitoba St. to Thatcher Dr.
- 1st Ave. N.W. from Saskatchewan St. to Oxford St.
- 1st Ave. N.E. from Saskatchewan St. to Caribou St.
- 9th Ave. N.W./S.W. from Thatcher Dr. to Warner St.
- 9th Ave. N.E. from North of Thatcher Dr. to Manitoba St.
- Fairford St. E. from Main St. to 9th Ave. N.E.
- Fairford St. W. from Main St. to 9th Ave. N.W.
- Main St. S. from Manitoba St. to Grandview St.
- 1st Ave. S.E. from Manitoba St. to Grandview St.
- 4th Ave. S.W. from Home St. to Coteau St.
- Coteau St. W. from 4th Ave. S.W. to 12th Ave. S.W.
- Manitoba St. E./W. from 3rd Ave. N.W. to 3th Ave. N.E.
- Manitoba Expressway 3rd Ave. N.E. to 13th Ave. N.E.
- 8th Ave. S.E. (Lorne Ave.) from Manitoba St. to Coteau St.
- High St. W. from 9th Ave. N.W. to Main St.
- High St. E. from Main St. to 2nd Ave. N.E.
- Saskatchewan St. from Main St. to 9th Ave. N.W.
- Caribou St. W. from Main St. to 24th Ave. N.W.